This 16-module program is based on the ever popular Virtual Assistant – The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA book, workbook, and financial templates. You won’t want to miss it!
If your desire is to learn what it takes to create a home-based business as a “Virtual” office assistant, utilizing the skills and training you already have, you have come to the right place. This 16-module online course is specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to start and successfully run your own virtual assistant business.
Virtual Office Assistants, commonly known as “VAs,” are skilled in areas such as office administration, marketing, bookkeeping, or graphic design, to name a few. Most worked in a corporate setting prior to starting their own businesses. Their reasons for leaving that world and becoming business owners themselves are many, but they have one thing in common; they had to learn how to get their business started and then make it successful.
Many learned via the “School of Hard Knocks.” Some succeeded, others failed. No one wants to start a business only to see it fail because they just didn’t know how. This course is based on the principles of collaborative learning and active participation, as well as sharing of thoughts and problem solving. In each unit, participants are presented with a lecture and related online articles as well as assignments geared to prepare you for everyday life as a virtual assistant.
Topics to be covered include understanding the concept of virtual assisting, business and marketing planning, creating a web presence, business operations, and specialty services.
If you have the skills and desire, and want to learn how to create a home-based business as a “Virtual” office assistant, take the next step toward your new future…
Not sure if becoming a virtual assistant is right for you? Before you invest a lot of time and money, take our Virtual Assistant Self-Assessment and have a Q&A call with Kelly Poelker first.
Overall, the course was wonderful. It was very thorough, and the step-by-step instructions, from developing a business plan and marketing plan, to setting up your office and planning your day were invaluable. The support and encouragement from the one-on-one coaching was motivating, and very much appreciated.
I am now a VA, thanks to Kelly Poelker and Academy of Virtual Professionals, and I am confident that I can go into the virtual world, make a significant contribution to the VA industry, and become the successful entrepreneur I envision myself to be!
Marilyn Stafford, Alliance Virtual Services, www.AllianceVS.com
This online course will explore issues that should be addressed when starting a virtual assistant business. Areas of concentration will be:
- Managing your time.
- Setting up a home-based business.
- Customizing your workplace.
- Evaluating and buying technology.
- Communicating using technology.
- Marketing your business.
- Business ethics.
Module 1 – Understanding the Concept of a VA
Module 2 – Do You Have What It Takes to Become a Virtual Assistant
Module 3 – Getting Started
Module 4 – Business Planning 101
Module 5 – Business Planning Financial
Module 6 – Marketing Plan Basics
Module 7 – Establishing a Web Presence
Module 8 – Specialty Services
Module 9 – Preparing Marketing Materials
Module 10 – Operating Your Business
Module 11 – More on Daily Operations
Module 12 – You’re Not Alone
Module 13 – Fine Tuning Your Business Planning
Module 14 – Fine Tuning Your Marketing Plans
Module 15 – Finalizing Your Website
This course is taught entirely over the Internet. Web pages replace lectures. Email, discussion groups, and chats help us communicate with one another. Furthermore, multimedia and Internet resources will be incorporated to enhance your learning experiences.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Have a thorough understanding of the virtual assistant business.
- Complete a business plan and marketing plan that establishes mission, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrate competency in writing business goals and determining a sustainable competitive advantage.
Demonstrate personal, professional, and ethical growth by integrating the core business components that have been learned during your experience here into a real business plan presentation.
- Good keyboarding skills or recent keyboarding course.
- Familiar with general office systems and procedures.
- Familiar with MS Office or equivalent software.
- Good Internet skills (email, search engines, World Wide Web).
Because this is an online class, you should have solid experience with computers and the Internet. Successful online students have the willingness and ability to work independently. Ask yourself these questions:
- Can you troubleshoot problems on your computer?
- Are you familiar with how to upload/download files?
- Are you capable of following instructions independently, and submitting your coursework electronically?
- Can you attach a file to an email message?
This is an online course. If you are unfamiliar with the technology or if you are not self-disciplined, you may find the online environment challenging.
VA 101 is offered as both a self-paced program and a guided program.
The self-paced program includes:
- Preliminary 30-minute coaching call with Kelly Poelker to establish your timeline of completion
- Access to Members Only area containing 16 modules, assignments, supplemental reading, resources, and more up for up to six months
- Course materials including Virtual Assistant – The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA by Diana Ennen & Kelly Poelker book, workbook, and financial templates
- Copy of Thrive in Your Career: 70 Tips from a Collection of Small Business Experts
- Lifetime access to VAResource listserv
- Closing 30-minute coaching call with Kelly Poelker to answer any final questions you may have about getting started
The VA101 Guide Program includes all of the above PLUS:
- Up to 16 weekly one-hour coaching calls with Kelly Poelker
- Review of Business Plan
- Review of Marketing Plan
- Review of Press Release
- Review of Powerpoint Presentation
- Review of Business Card
- Review of Introductory Letter to potential clients
- Review of website
- Assistance in establishing rate structure and retainer plans
- One .com or .net domain name registration
- One year web hosting
- One WordPress Installation